Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since my has no inner guts and is all broken out, it is kinda hard to tell if the grille is evenly spaced all the way across. I measured each end(up and down) and came up with approximently 5 1/8 inch spacing. I am trying to customize my grille and like to know if you other duster person's could measure yours to see if I am correct with that spacing. Measure in the middle of your grille too, since mine has no inner guts the grille flexes, making it vary in size. I don't know if the grille vary's or stays straight all the way across at 5 1/8 inch.

swany

·
Registered
417 Posts
I own several tape measures, but not a Duster, Sorry.

gt

·
Registered
417 Posts
swany said:
then go out and buy a duster so you can tell me what yours measures? )(/*
I will get rgiht on that. -o lol

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yep that is the grille, Mine is missing all the inner guts but I am replacing it with some cool stuff!!!

·
Registered
137 Posts
i can dig it out of my storage room and take some measurements for you tommorrow i will post them tommorrow night for you and no its not for sale lol sorry but if you are looking for one this guy restores them then sells them [email protected]

·
Registered
137 Posts
the one in the picture is a restored one from that guy i posted his email..... the new one is even nicer i paid 500.00 for the NOS one i figured it would be a good idea to try and collect enough stuff to have two front ends because i will be on the street with it eventually and you just never know!!!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Swany I have thought about this in the past.Customizing a grill without making it look tacky.I would try putting fins in it sort of like the sharkstooth grill .Take a peice of cardboard and shape a nice fin out of it maybe a couple of different sizes like a smaller fin over the signal lights and then to a bigger fin through the middle of the grill to give you this effect ___/""""""\___ if that makes sense .Push the cardboards on to a wire to get the desired effect for spacing and looks.Approx 30 peices is what a sharkstooth has and this would look similar.then get some puck board or plexi glass 1/8 or smaller .Transfer all your cutouts to the choosen material .If you try to make it like a sharkstooth 20 of one size about 10 of the other . Then glue them in place using crazy glue and baking soda .A couple of day job but I think that you could do a good job if you took your time .And would look much better than a stainless or metal mesh in my opinion.
Just a idea to think about.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts