Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, i have a 70 dart with BB and Moroso 7 qt pan . Looking under the car, there is not very much ground clearance to the pan. What can be done to remedy this? If i tighten up the tortion bars will the motor rise? or just the body ?

·
Registered
266 Posts
the whole front end. You may try the remote oil pan set-up with pump to remedy this. I believe they use this set up in nascar. Someone on the bored must know what I'm refering to.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so tightening the t -bars will give me more pan to ground clearance?

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh well, its not going to get a lot of miles on it. Id rather have those problems than smashing my pan on something . ;D

·
Registered
400 Posts
If you raise the front end , get the front end aligned again.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Dartsport said:
If you raise the front end , get the front end aligned again.
Yes, you should get it aligned again, after playing with these cars for years, sometines a change in ride height has a dramatic change on the way the car handles----sometimes for the worse---i know--the hard way.

Anyhow, i have gotton away with as little as 2.5" from the pan to the ground, with the K-frame being just a touch lower than a standard type floor jack (maybe about 3.5-4" from the ground). The streets around here are fairly good, if i was going over the the main drag of town where i live now, i wouldnt go that low however. Its a fine balance of what looks good and what clears the road obstecles. I hope my measurements give you a point of reference though, and when you get it set at what you like, get that alignment done so it'll handle straight and proper.

--chad

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I dropped the Front end of the RR to give it a little rake. Just had to get it realigned. The floor jack barely fits but I also have heavy 1.16 bars.

This is the road turtle remover that clonvertible is referring to. It is about 1/2" lower than the Milodon 7 qt. pan. I will be bolting it on today.

I had a freind that had his drain plug ripped out while driving around town and figured I'd box mine in.

Tom

·
Registered
66 Posts
Well here are a few suggestions. You could as already stated raise the T bars. Option two you could run a taller front tire. Option three, if you run an engine plate you could run some K member spacers. like the 68 Hemi A bodies do. Or you could combine any of the three and gain ground clearance. BTW if it matters mine is only about 2.5" off the ground, I just try to be careful. If it is a street car a skid plate might also be a good idea.

BTW B65RR nice looking welds...

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks--im going to jack up the T bars and try that. The tires are already mounted and on the car, i dont want to change those . 165/15 size . 15x4 Weld rims.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts