Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I decided to replace some burned out bulbs in the dash, the oil light and left turn signal. I got those switched and decided to check my work before bolting it back in. Well the bulbs I changed worked but the lights for the fuel and ALT no longer do. I changed out the bulbs on those to but nothing. What couldhave happened? I even replaced the bulb socket, but nothing. Its a 67 Dart to be specific.

·
Registered
260 Posts
If you tried it with the cluster removed from the dash, it's probably because it's not touching metal. I think it's chassis grounded through the mounting screws. Install everything completely and see if anything changes... ;)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
now that its back in they all light up except for the temp guage one. It will sometimes light and other times not. If I jiggle it around it will or if I hit the left turn signal it will come on. What can this be dirty connection or something worse.

·
Registered
260 Posts
It still sounds like bad grounds. You might have to clean up the connections on the circuit board and/or run a ground strap from the screw that holds it in.

·
Registered
704 Posts
yea i have been having some wired problems like that, when i turn the turn signal on, my radio gos off, but i have traced it down to being slop in the ignition switch

1 - 6 of 6 Posts