Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
bought a set of tail lights for my 69 dart, the bezels were better than mine for re-chrome, got bezels,lens,and buckets for 70.00 ;D when i got home i took them apart and found a thin piece of red lens ,separating the tail lamp and back up. and one had a little piece of rubber on the edge. has anyone else ever find these ? would like to get another rubber piece for the other side.

·
Registered
260 Posts
You got lucky; those things are VERY hard to find. All they do is keep the light from the brake lights from bleeding over to the back-up light side. Install one on one side and leave out the other one on the opposite side; then have someone step on the brakes. You will see the difference, even though it's not really a huge difference. My 69 doesn't have them anymore, and I've seen very few used lenses for sale that still do.

·
Registered
266 Posts
DartKnight is correct.
I have an original and then had to make the other and paint the lens red to make it work. I also cleaned the inside of the buckets and resprayed them with a chrome rattle can finish to brighten the tail lights up.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i also sprayed the buckets too, but now might go with the led lights they have.the 64 thousand dollar question. will these lens bring big bucks on ebay lol lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts