Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am wanting to know if someone knows of anyone that sells headers for a 75 Dart Sport with a 440? Only problem is there is a Ford Pinto front end with coil overs so there isn't a lot of room.

I made a set myself out of a cheap Jegs set, but with all the cutting and welding, several leaks have appeared, and most are in hard to get to areas of the tubing. I was wondering if someone could make me a set using my headers as a model. They fit perfectly, they were just poorly made. Can 1 single piece of pipe be used for each of the 8 tubes? and be bent to match my exhisting tubes to minimize how many welds there are? I know I can have some made for $1200 but I am a poor college student and I can't spend that kind of money on a set of headers.

Any help would be appreciated!! Thanks.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Hi,
Would you consider a set of B body HP exhaust manifolds? I'm useing these on my Dart & they actually work quite well. They might not be as good as headers, but sometimes you have to use whats available. I'm very happy with the performance I get from them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. It is going to be a drag car only when I get done with it so I would much prefer to stick to full length headers.

·
Registered
468 Posts
tech pages

Thanks for the reply. It is going to be a drag car only when I get done with it so I would much prefer to stick to full length headers.
The tech pages said b-body headers fit a-bodies with a little massaging if you don't want to pay for TTI's or Hooker headers,etc.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am wanting to know if someone knows of anyone that sells headers for a 75 Dart Sport with a 440? Only problem is there is a Ford Pinto front end with coil overs so there isn't a lot of room.

I made a set myself out of a cheap Jegs set, but with all the cutting and welding, several leaks have appeared, and most are in hard to get to areas of the tubing. I was wondering if someone could make me a set using my headers as a model. They fit perfectly, they were just poorly made. Can 1 single piece of pipe be used for each of the 8 tubes? and be bent to match my exhisting tubes to minimize how many welds there are? I know I can have some made for $1200 but I am a poor college student and I can't spend that kind of money on a set of headers.

Any help would be appreciated!! Thanks.
Hi, If you don't mind I would like to pick your brain on how you did the 440 install and any issues you came up against. I just bought a 76 Dart Sport and I'm in the learning curve.

Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
691 Posts
Look over this site ........ maybe call them with questions.
http://www.stainlessheaders.com/index.aspx
Then realize why TTI's are only 700.00.
I built mine with an un-welded kit from Stahl and flanges from SPD. When I got done having them coated , I was very close to TTI's dollar wise , but I had equal length primaries , large tubes and my choice of collectors.
You really have two choices. Fix the ones you have or build a new set.
O.K. , three ........... give someone 1500.00 to do it for you.
F.W.I.W. , I'd look at these
http://stahlheaders.com/Frame New Drag.htm

They will be equal length , well made and should fit without a hitch.
If you un-assed the torsion bars , then you have even more room than the rest of the pack.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts