Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Three years ago I worked out an awesome trade/sale of my '73 slant six Dart Swinger for a '68 Barracuda basketcase with a whole mess of parts to put it back together. After sorting through the 3 dashes, 2 grilles, 4 bucket seats, 6 sets of trim, etc etc, I gutted the fish and began the restomod.

Goals: 383, 4-spd, black interior, black paint, killer handling package, big wheel/tire combo.

A lot of the progress is documented here:
http://andrapos.com/Cuda

This car has come a long way.

What once was:

Is currently:

The 1/4 now bulges out about 2" further on each side so I can fit up to a 275 or 285 wide tire in the rear. Kinda gives the car a "bubblebut" look. fullmoon Inside the wheel house measures 13" across. Current wheels are rollers.

Tomorrow afternoon it gets loaded onto the trailer and brought to my buddy's to take it down to bare metal, block it dead straight, and then shoot it black. I want a mean lookin car and I'm gonna get it >:D

·
Registered
81 Posts
hey that lookes kinda familar( spelling) hang in there it will be worth it. LARRY

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
847 Posts
good luck with the paint!

·
Registered
320 Posts
Love those Cuda's. Make sure you post up painted pics!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks! I pick up the rims/tires in the morning, then fit and see what else needs to be "massaged" before the blocking begins.

This is certainly a rescue fish. It had sat in the weeds for 12 years before I got my hands on it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.