Big Block Dart Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I have a 68 dart, the headliner is out now because i am installing a 8 point cage. My question is how much space do I leave from the top of the loop to the inner roof, I don't want to have any problems installing the headliner. Thanks

·
Registered
137 Posts
Darren said:
Hey guys I have a 68 dart, the headliner is out now because i am installing a 8 point cage. My question is how much space do I leave from the top of the loop to the inner roof, I don't want to have any problems installing the headliner. Thanks
install just the headliner rods while you put your cage in then you can see your clearance

·
Registered
66 Posts
Mine is very tight to the perimiter of the roof. I have less than 1/4" between the hoop and the headliner trim. Installing the headliner is a fun ::) job.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I guess if I just install the liner rods like azz 7772 said, then leave 1" - 1 1/2" I should be alright, p.s did you hurt your neck taking that pic big cube, nice snap, Thanks Darren

·
Registered
66 Posts
I think 1-1.5" would be too much, you want the cage as close to the headliner as possible, then you won't hit your head on it o[

I cheated on that pic, the tranny was out and also my tunnel is removable, I was laying on my back taking the pic through the floor >:D

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will be starting to work on it in the next few weeks, and putting the cage in will be one of the first things, so I will keep in touch, the bottom line is I want it as close as I can, without having a hard time with the headliner. The liner is in great shape, so I don't want to ruin it. I'll try to post some pics, Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts