Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well today i was doing some wiring on the cuda, just testing stuff. when the headlites are on low beam, power goes through 1 wire to the lite bulb in 1 terminal. when on high beam power goes through another wire to the 2nd terminal. only 1 terminal at a time gets power. why not both? if power went to both id have really bright high beams. i have an idea how to make this work but would it be legal? any ideas? im planning on using relays instead of sending all that power through the headlite switch. seems like i need a diode in the low beam circuit.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Hey,

the way i look at it,i guess you can make those suckers as bright as you want.Think about this....the only time you'll have them on is when there is nobody around,so who's it gonna bother?Although i have been known to blind a few people hat neede it :eek:.Go for it.

carl

·
Registered
260 Posts
Jamakin said:
not sure about older style headlights but the newer ones will burn out rather quickly if you do this.
Same thing will happen to the older headlights. Relays are the best way to go for brighter lights; if you really want simulated sunlight ;D you can get Cibies or Hellas. Most of them aren't street legal, but if you play with the adjustments you won't blind anyone (anymore than one of those HID setups on imports, anyway...). I run an H4 conversion with dedicated high/low beam relays and lower-wattage 9003 bulbs; nice and bright but not too crazy... ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts