Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
That would probably fit your 73. It would be nice to find a repop of that though.

·
Super Moderator
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, thats what Im hoping for. I dont really want to burn a valuable original for this project...not to mention Im hoping for something a wee bit cheaper.

I dont suppose it would be hard to fabricate something along those lines however.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I deleted the heater in my car, god that is just fiberglass. Easy to work with and for that money I could screw up a bunch of old pieces. Lets be real who is going to see it up under there anyway. Lazy folks pay big $ for this stuff, poor folks we get out the kitty hair and a jig saw. really how bad could a made one look after it was sanded and painted.If you took your time and matted fiberglass from the inside and made sure it fit together nice first. Heater Delete plates are another sore spot of mine pull the plate off the dash fill with fiberglass on the back and epoxy fill the lines in the front. you can sand the lines with a short dowel and sand paper. get out your spray can and do the best backyard picasso you can. You would feel real bad if someone stuck their foot in that air vent and broke it after giving a couple hundred dollars for it. Leave that stuff to the resto crowd and make your own. ;D

·
Registered
116 Posts
Those are unique??? Is that not the same piece along the driver side and passenger side... the vents that open to allow fresh air in or is this a completely different piece? ???

·
Registered
541 Posts
Drivers side is the same as it did not connect into the heater box. passenger side is tied in with the heater so you get a big hole. But with a little time and fiberglass anything is possible

1 - 6 of 6 Posts