Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm looking at iditit and flaming river.anyone with any input as far as fit and function of these,or maybe another vendor i should be looking at?its going into a 72 dart,and i prefer a non tilt,no acc. column.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Ditto for me..... 'cept I already bought mine (from Bill), just haven't begun the install yet. Got the old suspension dropped today with the help of my 15 year old son and am about ready to start on the Alterkation and Flaming River stainless column. I CAN comment at least on the finish of the Flaming River stuff (stainless tilt column and Waterfall wheel). It really looks GREAT. Hope fit is as good as the overall quality appearance.

Would be interested in hearing about any major installation issues now, before I get started. What I'm actually hoping to hear is that the column installation is a breeze, fit is perfect and wiring and electrical connections are a snap. ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i'm sure they bolt right in, i was concerned about altering my steering wheel placement compared to stock.i want the new steering wheel to be in the same spot.

·
Registered
945 Posts
I have a Flamingriver I bought it from Bill. I love it. I have a polished SS, tilt. Look great.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Anyone have any pics of the Ididit or Flaming River unit installed? I'd like to see how much it would take to get one to work, seeing as how they are all so GM-specific...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
is bill a vendor?or is his stuff different?either way good to know so when it's time to buy i can give him the business.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Bill sells Flaming River stuff. i ordered the alterktion and a flaming river column from him. Bill says the column hooks up well without any real mods. it even fits into the original area the factory one fits. he said the little tip on the lower clip that holds the factory column up to the mount below the dash, will need to be clipped off. this is a flaming river column into the alterktion, i dont know about flaming river columns into stock gear boxs. along with the tilt column i ordered the 9 bolt adaptor for my 9 bolt Moto Lita steering wheel. should look nice. by the way, Thanks Bill for all the help, your making things easier for guys like me. ;D

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm sorry to say I didn't know that Bill sold Flaming River stuff. I recently bought some of their stuff for my old hotrod and would have gladly sent Bill the money. I've got the Mustang style front end, column and steering wheel as well as shaft and U-joints and it's not cheap but all of it is very nice.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts