Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i need some opinions.  should i get another steel hood and put on a hemi or 6pk scoop ( or how boot sumtin different like the max wedge scoop or ta or later snorkel scoops) and paint the hood flat black, since i cant match my paint color.  what would you guys do?

if you got pics of what you did send them to me at [email protected]

thanks chris

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
828 Posts
I personally really like the 6-pak scoops. The others are cool too, but I like the lines of this one especially, and think it fits the smaller A-body better. I would go flat black. Nothing says Mopar like a flat black hood.

·
Registered
820 Posts
The six pack hood is my all time favorite. I like to be different and unfortunately the six pack is very popular and showing up on more and more cars. But, since my car is a 69 and I like that scoop, I just HAD TO go with it. I think it is the best scoop for you 69 Dart too. Very nice car by the way...
O.J.

·
Registered
945 Posts
I would say it depends on what you are after. If you race alot and are looking for cool air, I would say a cowl. If you want a classic mopar look Sixpac. I am going back and forth on this for my car. I think I am goin to use a Viper truck hood. I want to cut the scoop and put it into my hood. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sorry i wont do a cowl i would like to stay mopar related if you know what i mean

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
CudaSRT8 said:
The six pack hood is my all time favorite.   I like to be different and unfortunately the six pack is very popular and showing up on more and more cars.  But, since my car is a 69 and I like that scoop, I just HAD TO go with it.    I think it is the best scoop for you 69 Dart too.  Very nice car by the way...
O.J.
Check out the six pak hood on member 1Dart440's '69 Dart in the gallery. It is black and looks awesome.

Tom

G

·
Man that car looks sweet the way it is ! But I think the ole' six pack unit`s prolly the way to go on your`s .
My $0.02 worth :
Chryco ;)

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
that is one nice dart. really like the vintage look with the cragars. not your run of the mill street strip car with big n little welds. looks great with no scoop too. ive seen some 67-69 darts with the later dual snorkel scoop, it didnt look right on them. i would think the max wedge scoop might look cool. u never know till you see it face to face though.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
I agree with abodyjoe.........nothing says classic stock mopar than a gts hood+cragers.

·
Super Moderator
1,434 Posts
abodyjoe said:
personally i would leave it alone.. it looks great as is...   the only hood i would put on it if there was no talking you outta putting a hood on is a GTS hood.
[]{} make it 3. it'll look great with the scoop n blackout, but personally, it looks great as is.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Capt Jack said:
abodyjoe said:
personally i would leave it alone.. it looks great as is...   the only hood i would put on it if there was no talking you outta putting a hood on is a GTS hood.
[]{}  make it 3.  it'll look great with the scoop n blackout, but personally, it looks great as is.
Me three. []{}

1 - 20 of 28 Posts