Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope someone can help me, I just bought the car and the wiring was a nightmare!!!! I started from scratch and cannot figure out how to wire in the trans brake with the delay box. I have no instructions, I tried to call the company, and cannot get through, the box is a Digital Delay crossover box. The trans brake has only one wire going to the trans, I only have 4 terminals on the box, battery, transbrake, ground, pushbutton, I dont know if the transbrake work on power from the box or do I have to supply it with 12 volts? I assume the transbrake is grounded through the trans. but where do the 2 leads for the transbrake button on the sterring wheel get wired in? Cannot figure this out and I don't want to fry the box either, anything would be greatly appreciated, Thanks, Newbomb

·
Registered
444 Posts
Take power from the battery to the switch, from the switch to the switch terminal on the box. then from the t-brake terminal on the box to the wire on the brake. Hook up power and ground to the box and you should be good to go and find the weak link in the drive line.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dartracer, Thanks a million!! tnku tnku tnku I'm going to hook it up now, Keep your fingers crossed, we want good time slips!! ;D ;D ;D

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I put the battery to the switch and the other end to the pushbutton terminal on the delay box, and nothing, rechecked everything and still nothing, I figure what the heck? By accident I touched ground with the lead that comes off of the delay box on the pushbutton terminal and everything works! It must use the power from the battery terminal on the box and when you ground the box through the switch on the steering wheel that's what makes it work. So today was a learning experience, Thanks for your help, Newbomb

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.