Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 73 Barracuda pulls pretty hard to the left when driving down the road, at about 70-80 mph the front end starts shaking back and forth. So I put a straight edge on each rotor and measured the front and the back and it was the same length? Is that what it's supposed to be, or should it be toed in a little? What do you think is causing my problems?

·
Registered
320 Posts
I think you want a little bit of toe in. If I'm not mistaken having toe out, or no toe will make the car twichy.

·
Premium Member
3,921 Posts
Don't do any alignment measurements with the front end elevated. The car needs to be sitting level on all four tires. You want a slight toe-in (1/16-1/8 inch) with as much positive caster you can get with a slight negative camber (1/8-1/4 degree). That won't necessarily eliminate a pull or a shake. Even within spec you can have a pull and the shake could be worn-out parts or tires.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
34 Posts
most of the time, a pull is from camber or caster. toe usually doesnt cause a severe pull. the camber and caster may be within spec, but if the difference between the 2 is too high, youll get a pull. the car will pull to the side with the least positive caster or most positive camber if the difference is too high. start with the good ole alignment and wheel balance and 9 get you 10, the problem will dissappear. that is if the guy working on your car isnt a complete retard...

·
Registered
34 Posts
not to sound mean or anything, but how big of a guy are you? if your torsion bars are worn or youre a big guy, your camber values may change significantly when you get in the drivers seat. the lf camber tends to tilt out and the rf camber tends to tilt in once theres a driver in the car. in most instances, its no big deal. but with older springs etc. it can be quite a difference. my dusters lf camber changed almost a degree on the lf when i got in the drivers seat during my last alignment. im only 150 lbs but my slant six t-bars were old and worn. so if you get it aligned, see if the tech will let you sit in the car before or during the alignment to see if that could be an issue. on a side note, its always interesting when you have to tell a customer kindly that they are so big that they cause their vehicle to pull. i had the challenge of aligning a ford festiva with a 300lb woman sitting in the car. needless to say, her camber was a little off...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts