Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm finally back in the mood to work on the cars again.

I am going to rebiuld the rear suspension on the Satellite. While I'm doing that I might as well ad sway bars too.
Here is whats going on. It's for my 69 Sport Satellite convertible. Completely stock 318/ auto. This car is a cruiser not a racer. I'd just like to cruise down the highway without hitting a bump and still floating a mile later. I am having the rear leafs done by my buddy that works in a spring shop and I will be using polyurethane bushings in the rear.

What are your suggestions for sway bars? I know there are a few out there but which do you guys (and gals) prefer?

Any help is greatly appreciated and I will order them as soon as my mind is made up.

Thanks again and yes this is still the best site around.

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Check out firmfeel.com. Their rear swaybar kit is modeled after T/A Challengers. The bar is connected to the body of the car and not the rearend. Nice and neat. They make some really well thought out suspension products for stock type suspensions. I particularly like the greasable lower control arm pivot. I have all this stuff waiting to go on the car and it's killin' me just looking at it.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
NYRR496 said:
Check out firmfeel.com. Their rear swaybar kit is modeled after T/A Challengers. The bar is connected to the body of the car and not the rearend. Nice and neat. They make some really well thought out suspension products for stock type suspensions. I particularly like the greasable lower control arm pivot. I have all this stuff waiting to go on the car and it's killin' me just looking at it.
I just checked it out. They look real nice. The frame mounting looks to be a real neat job also. Better for rearend maintanence.

I had to laugh when I saw Rick Ehrenberg's 69 Roadrunner. I can't believe that thing is still around. I have old Mopar magazines from back in the day with that car in it. It was his daily driver. He have a shootout with an LS5 Chevelle. His Roadrunner was actually detuned with a lower compression for pump gas and swapped out the 4.10 gears for 3.23s and still whooped the chebby. 0/

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Anyone use any other brands? Give me the lowdown on the good and bad.

Hey Bill, do you deal in sway bars?

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I have the performance suspension technology 7/8" bar on the back of my '69 Road Runner. It mounts to the frame also. I have their 1 1/8" bar with poly mounts up front. They are pretty affordable also.

Tom

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I also have their 1 1/8" bar on the front of my dart. It comes with all the brackets and hardware. All their bars are all cad plated for those of you who like shiny things. I scuffed mine up and painted them black. If you don't buy any front end rebuild kits the bars are $169. They get about $30 cheaper if bought with a front end rebuild kit.

Tom

·
Registered
164 Posts
Rear sway bars can really kill the handling of a car if they are too big. Most of the time they are not necessary unless you have very stiff front bar. This is another example of bigger is not allways better.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
As I stated my satellite is all over the place. I spent this Sunday removing the leafsprings and as I'm sure everyone would expect the rubber bushings were all dry rotted and worn. I am going to order all new hangers and shackles since I snapped a few bolts o[. I just want the car to ride better and not be all over the road. And since I'm at it I figured I might as well ad a sway bar.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just brought the leafs to my buddies suspension shop so I will be ordering the other stuff today. Looks like I'll be giving PST a call.
Thanks Tom.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts