Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone made there own like cal tracks or any others

i am trying to fix a wheel hop problem in my duster on a budget(cheap)
the hd springs and truck shocks still let it wheel hop
my dana 60 doesn,t have a place to bolt in a pinion snubber

ideas? thanks

·
Registered
444 Posts
Sounds like your springs maybe worn out. Also check your front spring bushings. Dave

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
they are brand new hd jc whitney springs
i am going to build a set of cal trac type bars for it

thanks for the link moparrr07

G

·
:p I bought 002/003 SS spring and a snubber, no wheel hop after that, never did it again and I get 1.489 to 1.53s 60ft. No bars at all. my car is 3300#  :D   I think your car is to nice to go any other way, when you take off the car will rise in the back,pushing the tires to the track.

·
Registered
704 Posts
yea i dont think you will need them with superstock springs, but i had this link from a ways back, but if you build them like it shows it shouldnt be that expensive so its worth a try, even if they dont make you faster, i here they make you a heck of a lot more consistent from the bracket racers side of it

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i was going to go with the super stock springs but they rasied my car up to much
i built my dana from a truck rear so it does not have a place to bolt a pinion snubber

it is also a four speed car

G

·
WRTMOPAR70 said:
i was going to go with the super stock springs  but they rasied my car up to much 
i built my dana from a truck rear  so it does not have a place to bolt a pinion snubber

it is also a four speed car 
I think that mopar makes a snubber for a dana thats different than mine.

·
Registered
792 Posts
You could add a modified version of the snubber to your car, depending on how origional you want to keep it. Mustangs (I think) use a snubber bolted to the floor that the rear whacks up against. You could do something similar. Probably need to reinforce the floor where you add the snubber, but it should serve the same purpose as the pinion mounted snubber.

·
Registered
704 Posts
the hight shouldnt be a problem, just make yourself some shorter shackles or maybe even experiment with some lift/drop blocks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts