Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for those using hoodpins, where did you mount the studs? Did you take out the factory threaded hood bumpers up front and and enlarge the hole for the studs.... or did you just drill a hole off to the side of the hood bumper? I'm trying to decide where to place mine and there arent many pics in the gallery that show the location of the hood pin studs. Pics would be great if available. Thanks in advance! ;D

·
Registered
15 Posts
On my 70 Dart where the hood bubmpers are, that triangled shaped piece
of metal there is a dimple in it and that is where you drill the hole for the hood pins.
Check out some other answers on this one but I'm pretty sure that is where they go.

Ken

G

·
thats what i did,dont have pics now,but i drilled in the little valley there and it looks good.will post pics soon.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I was planning on putting mine there too.

I am also thinking about asking my machinist friend at work and see if we could mill down the pin and cut new threads in to mount it in the hood bumper holes so there would be no drilling.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well i finally mounted the pins after entirely to much procrastination. I mounted them just infront of the stock hood bumpers, like in the pics posted. Thanks again guys tnku

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.