Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took the (Mopar) hood scoop off of my son's recently aquired Chevy Luv pickup/ drag truck project and was wondering how to tell if it's a factory scoop or just a reproduction. It's a fiberglass twin snorkel thing that is two piece, top to bottom, held together with bolts. Did they part number these things somewhere that I haven't found?
Someone just drilled holes in the Chevy hood and bolted it down BACKWARDS to simulate some sort of unique cowl induction thing.

·
Registered
792 Posts
The factory twin snorkel was one piece. It's been too long since I got rid of mine, I can't say if there were part #'s on it or not. Coincidentally, I pulled a Couger scoop off a Chev Luv about 5 years ago. It had numbers cast into the underside, I'd bet Mopar did the same thing. It would have to have numbers somewhere.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
The factory dual snorkels were 2 piece, since they used them on both Demons and Dart Sports which had different hood contours. There should be a pentastar cast into it somewhere. They really aren't worth anything, so I'd be glad to take it off your hands for my cuda fiberglass hood. ;D

·
Registered
792 Posts
Is this the one you're talking about? Pretty sure it's one piece.

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
If you look closely at that picture between the scoops you can see a seam on the lower edge of the far scoop. The part that forms the bottom of each scoop and where the front of the scoop meets the hood is a separate piece.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's what it looks like. Dang...I was hoping they WERE worth something. ;D

I was going to put it on my Dart but I already glassed in a small cowl induction scoop...if I don't use it, qkcuda, then maybe we can work something out. I'll try and get pictures too.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok sorry qkcuda but I cut the brand new Z-28 wannabe cowl scoop off my Dart last night and bolted on that snorkel. I finally found the pentastar and a hardly readable part number on the underneath side. It looks great on my hood so I guess I'm gonna have to keep it. :p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.