Big Block Dart Forums banner

How big of a wheel can I put on my ride?

• Wheels

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tirees

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey this is my first time so be gentle. I have a 1973 Duster witha 383 bored stroked and balenced to 430ci Eddys heads and eddy in take. My question is wheels. All these people put bigger wheels on. With my actory Discs in the front what siz can I get away with?  18"? 20"? 22"?  I don't want to rip the frontend aprt to do this and don't want to have to create the tugboat look for the wheels. I really like the way Sublime69's car looks. Any info on rim size or tire size would healp.
Thanks

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
14 Posts
I would put on what ever size wheels you want. Its you car so do what you like. I went with 18" wheels because i like the bigger wheel look but not to big. If you run anything bigger that 18", it will start to ride rough. Thanks for the compiment! Let me know if you have any questions.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info Sublime69. What rim size do you have on? And what size of tires? Your knowledge is appreciated.

G

·
I had 20s for a ranger on my 71 dart. I never drove it with them on because I couldnt turn the front. They fit on the back without any problems. I wouldnt go bigger than 18s on the front.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Dusterx0 said:
Thanks for the info Sublime69. What rim size do you have on? And what size of tires? Your knowledge is appreciated.
they are 18X8 w/ 245 40 r18 on the front and 18X9 w/ 275 35 r18 for the back. I trimed my quater panel lips put other than that its stock.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Hey sublime69 what backspacing are ur front wheels?.....THEY LOOK BADASS

·
Registered
267 Posts
sublime69 - your wheel wells and leafs are stock location too? I would like to leave mine stock too - I didnt know you could fit 275's - thats good news to me!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Evan said:
sublime69 - your wheel wells and leafs are stock location too? I would like to leave mine stock too - I didnt know you could fit 275's - thats good news to me!
Yep the only thinh i did was trim the wheel well lips

1 - 14 of 14 Posts