Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the Dart back on the ground yesterday with the new monos. I ordered them 1" dearched from stock. I want to get the car lower. The rear wheels tuck nicely up in the wells now, I am really happy.

Anway, safely, how low can I take the front end down? I have a feeling the headers will be my limiting factor. I am running 2" TTIs, and also running AlterKtion.

Thanks all.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
the headers shouldnt give you to much ground clearance issues. on my cars they are tucked up, actually i have a deep tranny pan and the headers are above that pan. got a pic of it on the ground?

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will get some. The front end is still skyed(no motor or trans and only a few turns on the coil overs), but I like the looks of the back. If I can get the front down to match, I think it will look pretty sweet.

·
Registered
169 Posts
glad you got the rear end figured out.
let's see some pics. of the car from the
side and the rear.
Oh if you aren't busy, you could
bring your welder up to Streetsboro
and make a couple of bucks helping me
do my mini-tubs.. lol.. ;D

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, I finally got everything in there.  I am still setup for shackles in the back.  The Calvert Monos have a larger bushing in the rear that do not work with the available sliders...  well, without sectioning the sliders and opening the slot up...

The rear may come down even a bit more once I add the rest of the car... fuel tank, rear glass, rear deck lid.  Not sure if I am going with a glass or steel bumper yet.  Hope it does not get to low...  Either way, leaf springs are a cinch too change.

I will get some pics for you all.  I may not have it leveled out, but you will get the idea.

I would help you with your tubs if I could find the time.  This summer is just rediculous.  Constantly something going on.  I am lucky to find a few hours to work on my own stuff... lol.   0/

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey Mike, I know you went to coil overs, but did you rework the front of your quarters, or is it stock? What size tire are you running? I need to do the quarters on my car, so I am planning on opening the front up to the wheel well.

·
Registered
31 Posts
those are stock wheelwells on the front and back, and I'll have to check on the tire size since my memory sucks. The Hookers are closer to the tires than the wells are. The AlterKtion will place the tires 5/8" past the factory location.

You may not want ladder bars, but they will allow the car to go lower than any leaf setup. Plus at the time of installing the bars, you can move the rearend back a few inches for tire clearence.
I've heard of others redrilling springs or perches?? to move the rearend back instead of cutting the quarters

·
Registered
31 Posts
Crazy68Dart said:
Hey Mike, I know you went to coil overs, but did you rework the front of your quarters, or is it stock?  What size tire are you running?  I need to do the quarters on my car, so I am planning on opening the front up to the wheel well.
these Hoosier tires are 29" , the wheelwells have not been cut on, this clearance was gained by moving the rearend back

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ciscodog said:
Yeah - you can just drill a hole in the shock plate so the springs have a different place to seat.  It works.
And in the perch... correct?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts