Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to try and fit an 18"section width tire under a '68 dart any suggestions?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Your going to have to back half it. I did an alston kit from years back!

[attachment deleted by admin]

G

·
Yep. With the wells in to the frame, you'll only have 14.5" of total air space to the quarter panel - you'll need at least 20" of air space to fit those tires in without rubbing. Back-half territory...

G

·
Well, 12.5" would be the max with the stock quarters - if you have them cut out, you could go wider towards the outside. I'd guess you could get 13.5's or 14's and be at the outside edge of the sheetmetal.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I have my car tubbed to the frame. With 12x30s my tires will rub if I get off the end off the track to fast or turn to sharp. But I also have a spool in my car. If you want that much tire it's back half time. Dave

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have 40" tubs to the frame rails and the widest tire I could get in there is an 11.5" Phoenix which has a 13.0 section width and 11.8" tread.

·
Registered
112 Posts
This is a B body but it gives you a look at a back half with leaf springs re-located.....

Bill,

·
Registered
112 Posts
Very streetable but mostly raced.... It is a Calvert racing set up with Split monoleafs, rancho 9000 shocks and Caltracs. Here is a picture of the Belvedere....

Bill,

1 - 11 of 11 Posts