Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently built a 67 Barrracuda bracket/limited street car and the car has way too much rake, the car looks as if it has air shocks. I know that I can place a piece of material between the shock plate and spring perch, but what is the max thickness? The car in question has a coan convertor wich stalls @3600rpms with a 500hp big block and 4:10 gears. I am concerned about spacer thickness with the block method, havent I heard that one inch should be the max. thickness? I have already drilled a second hole higher than the original on my hangers, I also have 24" tires because of my fenderwell headers. I will be cranking up my torsion bars to get a little of the rake out but I really only want to have an inch of difference between my rocker at the front of the rear tire and behind the front tire.

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
69 Posts
U said u have already tried drilling holes higher on the hangers, I am assuminng you are refering to the front hangers so I don't know if this would help or not but I have heard of guys flipping and swapping side to side, the front hangers, to lower the rear ride height. Don't know details just have heard of it being done. 1" blocks are consider to be the max u should use because of the potential for spring wrap, which would be really bad in a drag car but do able on the street. If your running/ or were to run an adjustable pinion snubber and you have x heavy duty rear springs or SS springs, then I really don't think you would have huge concerns with running some short blocks in there.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have moved my ss springs inline with my frame, and yes I do have a pinion snubber. let me mount my 24" tires today and Ill post the pictures.

·
Registered
12 Posts
perhaps the lowering blocks in conjunction with the 3-link traction system as per the tech. pages. It does look as if it would work well. It would lower the rearend and address the additional spring-wrap concern.

·
Registered
828 Posts
MoparMike, (no idea where he has been lately) had his Pink dart with lowering blocks. It ran at least mid 9s if I remember right. 0/

1 - 9 of 9 Posts