Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like the best manual front disc brake combo to use on my 1971 Dodge Demon. I will have a 440/auto transplated in it. I will probably use a B-body front spindle. So who likes what? Wilwwood, Baer, or any other brand worth checking into. I will most likely add rear disc so I will install a adjustable prportioning valve when I do my front discs. I have already purchased a tubular upper arm. o----o<> boom[]

Any info will be helpful.
Thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
if you plan on going with the rear discs don't skimp on the fronts,it will be hard to adjust them properly(even with a vavle)if the fronts are not bigger than the rear.also if you plan on going with the alter k in the future make sure the brakes are compatible.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I used Wilwood HD discs on the front of my 71 Demon.Fit like a glove,and stop very well.I have the 10" B body drums in the rear.

·
Registered
404 Posts
use SSBC's kit their manual brake set up and i LOVE EM! 4 piston calipers up front very good if you ask me

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
demon340v said:
use SSBC's kit their manual brake set up and i LOVE EM! 4 piston calipers up front very good if you ask me
i agree they work very well i have them on my scamp,however they don't fit the alter-k and had i known this before i would have gone with wildwood or something else,this very thing is why i don't have an alter-k right know,i could'nt afford or justify to drop 1k on brakes only to have to buy another set-up.so i guess i'm just saying planning on the future is important as far as time and money.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts