Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I'm looking for some insight on hyd. Roller lifters for my stroked 440 I'm building for my 72 dart. I would like to use a hughes shaft but when it comes to lifters I have heard Comps are the best out there. I have also heard alot of horror stories about hyd Roller lifters in general. So I guess I'm asking your thoughts and or experience with using hughes lifters or Comps? I am looking for a long lasting reliable lifter that won't break the bank. This motor will never see above 6000-6200 rims.
Thanks

·
Registered
525 Posts
Hi,
From what I understand, is that Valve Float from using too weak of valve springs will damage the link bars that keep the lifters parallel to each other in the lifter bores. I ended up breaking a link bar and the lifter turned sideways and messed up my cam. That was the end of my roller cam use. I put in a good hydraulic flat tappet cam and good set of hydraulic flat tappet lifters and never looked back. If you do use a roller cam, make sure the valve springs are strong enough. The roller lifters weight quite a bit more then regular lifters.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts