Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if I mislead anyone. Someone PM'd me for the part numbers and I can't remember who. I went to the four wheel drive shop to get Rancho 9 way adjustable shocks a while ago. They were out of stock but gave me the part number I needed. I ordered them from Summit and when they showed up they had 5/8" bushings instead of Mopar 11/16".

The part number I gave out was for relocated springs 14.25" to 22.125 inch was 99118 and stock spring location 15.375" to 24.125" was 99114.

I got mine to fit taking a file to the male mounts top and bottom and putting a small belvel on the end and using bushing grease. They will be fine but there is a shock that is correct and these part numbers are not it. I guess this 4 x 4 shop is just like most other part stores. doh

The car is still in mock up.

Tom

·
Registered
847 Posts
id re-paint those shocks before installation.....my bronco shocks turned rusty in less than a year o[ o[ o[ id pay a couple more bucks if they used decent(or enough?) paint....bastards!

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
loiq: I think I have pics of the trunk in the photo gallery. I just cut out the sump, replace it with 16 ga. steel with a 2" angle iron brace to mount the fuel cell to. The angle iron is also a great place to jack from and lift the front tires. I do not have the cell in yet.

Mark; I am going to paint the shocks factory black. My plan is to mock everything up, rat ride it for a season an tear it down for paint and finish. I am quite surprised at how stiff the shocks are at the number 9 setting. I can hardly move it with my 250# of solid mass. On the number one setting it bounces pretty good. Reminds me of high school. ;D

Thanks on the Redlines. I love them and have them on my RR. I sent them to widewhitewall tires for the custom stripes.
Tom

1 - 6 of 6 Posts