Big Block Dart Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did the disk brake conversion on my 73 Dart a couple months ago. The spindles came off an 85 5th ave. When the spindles were on the car (the 5th ave) the calipers were mounted on the front, I didn't realize until after I had buttoned everything up on the 73 that I had the calipers on the rear of the spindles. I obviously switched the spindles from side to side (guess I did this cause everything else I own has the calipers on the rear). Is this going to be OK? I don't run a sway bar so interference isn't an issue. I am concerned about steering geometry though. I haven't driven the car on the street yet, just around my yard. So I have no idea how it's gonna behave.

Thanks

·
Registered
724 Posts
I have read posts of people doing this intentionally in order to get sway bar clearance so it's probably o.k. How does the car handle and stop?

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Like I said I've only rolled around in my yard (carb needs to be rebuilt). It seems fine, I can mash on the brakes and it tries to throw me into the dash.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I would say if you can get it alligned at a shop you would be good.......... ;D I Did that to my car and I remember that I had problems getting the fronts to be close when turning the car. Something just wasn't rite. But then I switch them and everything was rite. -0*(

·
Registered
474 Posts
You can mount them front or back it doesn't hurt anything. The one thing to watch for with them in the back on a A body is the caliper hitting the shock and or the lower shock bolt. But factory on 73-up A body's they are in the front.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Lars said:
Like I said I've only rolled around in my yard (carb needs to be rebuilt). It seems fine, I can mash on the brakes and it tries to throw me into the dash.

ahh someday i my car will want 2 do that lol

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, I'm gonna get a full dose of the "oh crap!" stops outta the Duster after the V8 swap.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts