Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I’m stumped. I have the 68-72 idler arm, centerlink, and regular (NOT 383) pitman arm, manual small sector box, a 440, and the Mancini 699 oil pan.

The idler arm joint of the centerlink hits the oil pan on a right turn. The joint will easily fit in the 699 recess like its supposed to but I have to disassemble the idler first, to do it. Its odd to me they make a BB pitman arm which seems pointless as the SB one fits a BB just fine…it seems to me they should have made a different idler instead.

So what linkage set up are you all using? I’ve seen some people “dimple” or cut out a full square inch of the pan to clear the idler…is that what youre all doing?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Anyone thats interested - the 67-72 linkage set up with the “from the bottom-up” pitman and idler arms- the idler hits the Mancini/Vans 699/187 oil pan. Many just dent the relevant corner of the pan with a round pipe. Im not keen on that.

HOWEVER, I SNAGGED A 73-76 CENTERLINK AT THE BONEYARD FOR $20 (they go for about $130 on ebay), soaked it in muriatic acid, grabbed the Precision brand 73-76 “from the top-down” pitman and idler arm from O’Rellieys for about $100, slapped it all in and… IT CLEARS THE PAN WITHOUT HITTING. Its close but it works. You will note the idler arm bushing could be pressed down to gain about an extra 1/8” which I will do.
Automotive tire Hood Bumper Tread Automotive exterior

1 - 2 of 2 Posts