Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I've narrowed my occasional starting problems down to the switch; I checked it with a multimeter by jabbing each of the wires and attempting to start the engine at the same time. The "start" position of the switch fluctuates wildly sometimes, or doesn't do anything at all. Also, the car will usually turn over clean if I turn the key really quick. I know the 69's are one-year only and the pin arrangement is different (even the switches Year One sells are modified 68 units), so has anyone modified one themselves? I'm thinking that I should be able to make a 68 switch work if I get the connector, but I am not really sure about the cylinder....

Any ideas other than paying 100 bucks for the Year One job or buying a used one? ;)

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jim, I'll keep that in mind; I'm going to order the 68 switch first just for the purpose of comparison to mine. It's only $18 with my discount at work, so it'll be worth a try. Year One has pictures of every other switch on their site except for the one I was looking at. Figures. I'd just like to see how it was modified.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.