Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 67' Dart and when ever I wash it, it leaks really bad right under the drivers side of the dash. I did some research and discovered that Mopars have tendacies to leak through the windshield wipers. Does this sound right to you guys? If so I also learned that the repair kits (new Seals) are sold at year one. Are these it?  http://www.yearone.com/serverfiles/fbshopmain2.asp?cat=A Part number XH69
Also I need new weatherstripping for the doors but am kinda confused on two things, one is the weatherstriping one piece or two per door. I know theres the piece that goes around the door and then the piece that is on the upper left corner and screwed. Are these two one or two pieces. Also is the weatherstripping glued to the door or is there special plugs. I ask this because the doors have holes where the weatherstripping goes.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I bought a kit similar to that but it also included 2 grease zerks, you can get them almost anywhere. you need to drill a hole int the shaft housing screw in the zerk and pump in some grease. this provides extra leak restistance.

·
Registered
260 Posts
It will also leak like that if the cowl drains are plugged up. They are small and prone to get jammed up with leaves and dirt coming in from the cowl vents. Easy to clean out if you have the fenders off ;D , otherwise you have to ream them out from the top with a stiff wire or long pipe cleaner.

As for the wiper pivot seals, I would highly recommend you change them even if it isn't the problem, because they will be a problem eventually...just be prepared for a lot of cussing and scratched-up hands; it's not a fun job. o[ It's well worth the effort, though; I fried a stereo and blew a few fuses before I finally got up the courage to change mine.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I replaced the door weather stripping and on my 71 it is a one piece setup.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts