Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Came home today and the springs were on my porch waiting for me! 5 leafs this time AND the centerbolts were installed correctly! yipee! They're going on the shelf for a couple of months. They will be going on the 64 Valiant school project for 06-07! If I can hold off for that long!! :eek:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just ordered a set this evening. There is a promo code for free shipping above $75.00 it is SSWBB06. I think it is only good today.

I bought a set of the high lift ones last year. They are supposed to be the 2" ones. Once I put them next to the old worn out GTS springs they looked like they were going to be too tall. I will use them on the Barracuda, and the 5 leaf set on the GTS. For the price I can't go wrong.

If it wasn't supposed to rain so much this weekend I would snap a pic of the factory GTS springs and the high lift ones next to each other. Maybe once the 5 leaf ones come in I will snap a pic of all 3.

I will let yall know how it turns out.

-Dave

·
Registered
194 Posts
Hey Dave did you buy that GTS in NW Houston? I had a Blue 69 340 car a few years back. I know the car has gone through a few owners since I had it so I don't know who has it now. The build sheet is in my closet. If I knew who bought it I could give it to them.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nope,

I bought my GTS from a Mustang guy in Box Elder, SD. I was stationed at Ellsworth AFB back then 1992 and was out looking for a SuperBee we heard about. Long story short we heard about a dart somone put a 383 in. After about an hour of talking with the guy he told me he would not take less than $1,000 for it. I had $900 cash and left with the car. He built the engine in it a couple of years before and drove it a little bit then parked it in a sheep pen next to a barn. I ran a fuel line to a gas can, put a battery in it and fired it up.

The brakes were shot, and the shifter linkage was messed up otherwise I would have driven it home (about 3 miles.) It's a long story about how we found out about it. We thought it was a regular dart hot rod. Imagine our shock when we wiped the snow off of the hood and saw the 383- Four Barrel emblems! After a quick check of the fender tag and the VIN, I knew I had to have this car. The rest is history.

-Dave

·
Registered
518 Posts
Hi,
Thanks for the information on the leaf springs. Mine just arrived & look great. The front bushing are included & the springs have a nice arch to them. There probably gonna lift my 64 Dart up about 2" in height from the old worn out springs. Looks like a good $125.00 investment.
Thank Again for your Info

·
Registered
7 Posts
GTSDave said:
Nope,

I bought my GTS from a Mustang guy in Box Elder, SD.  I was stationed at Ellsworth AFB back then 1992 and was out looking for a SuperBee we heard about.  Long story short we heard about a dart somone put a 383 in.  After about an hour of talking with the guy he told me he would not take less than $1,000 for it.  I had $900 cash and left with the car.  He built the engine in it a couple of years before and drove it a little bit then parked it in a sheep pen next to a barn.  I ran a fuel line to a gas can, put a battery in it and fired it up.

The brakes were shot, and the shifter linkage was messed up otherwise I would have driven it home (about 3 miles.)  It's a long story about how we found out about it.  We thought it was a regular dart hot rod.  Imagine our shock when we wiped the snow off of the hood and saw the 383- Four Barrel emblems!  After a quick check of the fender tag and the VIN, I knew I had to have this car.  The rest is history.

-Dave
Well Not Much as changed here lately , Live within a stones throw of Ellsworth , but Fly My USMC Flag.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.