Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, has anyone herd anything about the rims that jegs is selling under their own name, they look identical to the prostar and draglite weld racing rims, i'm wondering if they are of good quality, they're about $60 cheaper so I'm wondering what the trade-off is.

G

·
I have dealt with Jeg's for a long time, and have bought a lot of part's from them, including their house brand stuff and the thing's I have purchased is of very high quality, I would not expect anything less of their wheel's. ;D

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
i am 99% sure those rims are cast aluminum. if you want the look of welds for cheep, they will fit the bill, but they probably wiegh close to double. some rim guy at the last swapmeet was selling them with another name on them. the look ok in person, but it is not the same rim as a weld.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well they gota be lighter then the keystones that i have on my car right now, but do you think i should go for the welds instead?

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
honestly, i bet they are not a whole lot lighter than keystones. they have a steel rim with cast aluminum center right? i would spend the cash for the welds. if it was the same rim with jus ta different name on it, then id think differently.

·
Super Moderator
1,435 Posts
love the look and even with them not being as light as the welds, I'd be willing to bet they're half the weight of the steel on steel behemoths I have.

might just have to check those out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts