Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you have a moment tell me what you think.I just pulled the Caddy motor out of my Dart and can now see the hack job on my K-frame.There are two good sized holes as you can see on the top and the bottom.I can do a real good repair on that.Now if you will notice on your right,i put a piece of paper under it for contrast the drivers side motor mount tower has a brace that was hacked on, i can repair that.My question is this.Is there anything missing in this area due to the fact there was a Caddy motor in it? Do you think the integrity of the piece has been comprimised? Thanks for any input. Neil.

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
283 Posts
you could weld them up ,but for time and effort,i would buy another. k-frames are out there.

·
Registered
724 Posts
On the driver side you'll have to sacrifice part of the original pad mount anyway. That mount is still clear in your pic. The pass. side looks to be missing. You can't make a DC member out of it. I believe it's also too buggered to go to Shumacher's for a bolt in. Like jet-taz said . There's a bunch of them out there

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
[]{} Yep, found my '73 - '76 V-8 K member for $100 locally and made the DC peice per Jim's article in the tech pages.

Relocated mounts; ignore the cow catcher on the bottom.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
vitamindart said:
i could have used that cow catcher the other day when i smacked the pan on a crappy street repair job
Ouch. Its about 3 1/2" deep and 1/2" deeper than the Milodon 7 qt pan.

Tom

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Nothine cleanes quite like methalene chloride. Seriously, go to Home Depot and get some Jasco. Jasco will stip paint, bondo and even powdercoating. It is about $15 per quart. After it sits for about 20 just wash off with a hose. Make sure you wear rubber gloves. I strip everything with it. Paint it on with a natural fiber brush. You can watch the paint bubble within seconds.

Also, it helps to have nice pristine rust / salt free metal from the Seattle area.  ;D

·
Registered
56 Posts
b569rr said:
Nothine cleanes quite like methaline chloride. Seriously, go to Home Depot and get some Jasco. Jasco will stip paint, bondo and even powdercoating. It is about $15 per quart. After it sits for about 20 just wash off with a hose. Make sure you wear rubber gloves. I strip everything with it. Paint it on with a natural fiber brush. You can watch the paint bubble within seconds.

Also, it helps to have nice pristine rust / salt free metal from the Seattle area.  ;D

Good tip, thanks. santa4

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.