Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 73 duster and it has a slant six and i have a 360 for it and i was wondering if i have to change the k-frame in order to put the 360 in it or should it fit right in.some people say it should fit right in and other people say i have to change it. ???

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i bought a 74 dart sport and it had a v8 in it. so i bought it for the engine and k frame, but that guy said it was a factory v8 car but when i looked up the vin number that was on the car, it was a factory slant six car. wierd huh. but it looked like the k frame that was under it was never changed. so i looked at both at them and they looked almost the same. so i dont know.

G

·
I think,,,,,,,you can buy offset motor mounts to put a V-8 in the slant - 6 car , but I don't know where . I just heard that you could .

G

·
go to www.engine-swaps.com and it will tell what you need. schumacher creative services @ 206-364-7151 have the motor mounts u need , but they are $150.00 dollars and $20 for shipping and they come with all the hardware, this should help u out.

G

·
if your making a drag car out of your duster you can get a set of solid frame mounts (aka) elephant ears. one of the draw backs is lots of vibrations in the car.

·
Registered
20 Posts
im pretty sure you can use the /6 k member. just buy, or fabricate the required mounts. also, it's probably advisable to upgrade the torsion bars.
im using a 74 /6 k frame in my 67 cuda, but im using elephant ears.

G

·
>fabricate the required mounts.....
Any tips on how to get the engine in the right place (i.e. leveled and lined up properly)?

G

·
If the V8 was in the 74, and the k frames are the same, then it'll bolt in to the 73. If they're different, then just use the slant frame and get the conversion mounts from schumacher. Even on the spool mount frames, the conversion mounts relegate the fab work to a little drilling and grinding, which is easy to do at home.

If you want to fab up your own, put the crank centerline 1.25" to the passenger side and 5.25" above the top floor of the k frame - this is the technically correct measurement at the front of the crank, but you can move it around a little for header clearance without any worries. You should definitely have your headers or manifolds on the engine when you locate it so you're sure everything fits when done.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.