Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I'm new here but have read the forumns for many years. I have a 1969 dodge dart 4 door that I want to convert from a slant 6 to a 383 from a 1968 dodge monaco. this is a junkyard low budget build, and I can't find any places selling the bigger torsion bars for cheap. I'm from canada and with covid is getting more difficult to bring parts up, and no Canadian manufacturers make torsion bar for the A bodys. I was curios if anyone knew of any coil over k members I could grab from another car to swap in, hopefully a car that I could commonly find in a scrap yard. Or even better if anyone knows a cheap place to find the torsion bars. Keeping in mind I mean cheap in price not quality

·
Super Moderator
1,437 Posts
well there is the option of doing away with the torsion bars altogether. if you do a search in these forums regarding 'coil over conversion'.

so far I found this.

if you chase that search for a bit, many folks would do it to change to different suspensions and free up room for header clearance. you do lose the cool option of being able to set your own suspension height.

might be less work than trying to track down specific replacements.

PS: there's also this.

·
Premium Member
3,921 Posts
Lots of coil-over options out there. Some good and some not so good, but ALL are more expensive than a new set of torsion bars AND a front end rebuild plus a front sway bar. It is also completely unnecessary. Two of the top road course A-bodies are Valiants with torsion bars.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts