Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this ?? in the off topic furum also.. My ladder bar has 2 holes in the front. I have front of ladder bar in lower hole. This spring I installed a 505 motor, more power than last year. Now I am pulling 3" wheelies, out past the 60' box. The car is consistent this way. But I would like to calm it down. Last year with smaller motor, I pulled the wheels about 6" to 12" high, and only carried them about 15 - 20' . I am not damaging any parts yet. I only have 3" of front end travel, and 3" under front fenders. Most of the time it sets the front end down nicely. The front end is coming up on the wheelie bars, and then spinning some , while it is up around 3'. If I bring the wheelie bars down any lower, it uloads the tires more and spins more. If I raise the wheelie bars any, then the front end just goes higher. Last weekend my 60's were , 1.283 , 1.282 , 1.282 , and a 1.283 with the rear tires. If I raise the front of the ladder bars, will it calm down the wheelies to a little less heigth??

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Steve DeTar said:
What's your pinion angle?
Don't remember, I haven't checked it in 2 years. I think it was 2* . I didn't have any trouble with to big of wheelies untill this spring , when I put the new motor in.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ciscodog said:
Moving it up in the front makes it hit harder.  Probably won't help your problem.
I was told , that moving the front bar up, it will hit the tires harder, but that it will also move the instant center back. So it wouldn't have the leverage to lift the front end as much. (This is just what i have heard.) I haven't read it any where, that is why I am asking.

G

·
Send AAOUTLAW an IM and ask him this question. He builds chassis for a living, and he's the one that told me all about this. I even double checked it because this topic came up a few months back.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ciscodog said:
Send AAOUTLAW an IM and ask him this question.  He builds chassis for a living, and he's the one that told me all about this.  I even double checked it because this topic came up a few months back.
Thanks, I sent him an email. His PM box is full.. THanks!!!

·
Registered
135 Posts
moving the ladder bar's up will increase the persentage of rise. the car will wheel stand more. it also moves the instant center forward. thats why it stands up more.
move the bars down 1 hole it will decrease the persentage of rise by i think 15% to 20% each hole you drop it. if you go too far your 60 ft times will drop from tire spin, _-_-_

·
Registered
154 Posts
My question is are your ladderbars adjustable 3 ways. I can adjust mine from an expandable adjuster on the top side. bottom side and then the front. Then I have 5 holes for the up/down.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts