Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking at the options I have for the back have of my Dart. I have been considering many options. like relocating the rear springs, leaving everything alone, and a ladder bar suspension. I am wondering if anybody has instsalled a ladder suspesion on a A-Body and how dificult it is do. My car is going to a drag strip only car. will never see the street. Any help would be appreciated and some pics as well

thanx Guys

BBD

·
Registered
66 Posts
Agreed ladder bars in an A body are not that difficult. If you have a few fabrication skills and can weld it shouel be a piece of cake.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Are you looking to do a back half, or just ladder bars? Coil-overs, or leafs? Installing ladder bars and floaters for leaf springs is fairly un-eventful, but if you're lacking in the fabrication skills department, I'd think twice about the ladder bar/coil-over direction.

I can post some pics of my set up on my E body....same pricipal as your A, but a little larger. I used the factory frame rails, subframe connectors, ladder bar/coil-overs and widened the factory wheel tubs to fit a 325/50/15 Mickey Thompson Drag radial. I also had two dusters that I backhalved too. The way I did the Challenger is about the easiest for a ladder / coil-over install though. Lemme know if youre interested, I'll post some pics.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Here we go.  Now, to get one thing out of the way, I like my cars LOW....like in the weeds kinda low.  I have seen people put subframe connectors under the floorboards and then attach the ladder bar crossmember to it will minimun mods to the floor boards.  Seeing as how I like mine low, I put the bottom of the subframes even with the bottom of the floor boards.  This makes you have to cut some of the floor out for ladder bar clearance.

Here, you can see the coil-over bracket that I fabbed up.  I made this because the factory one was not high enough in the car to get the rear end up into the car as far as I wanted.  You will more than likely not have to do this, unless  you like'em low. 

More pics to come later, but this last one will give you some idea of the stance of the car...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanx for the pics, gives me a good a idea of what I am up against. and it looks like it will be all worth when I get to the strip.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Nice.....maybe it can be put in the tech section. I think my next A-body will be back halfed with a 4 link.........just need a "next' A-body...lol....wait, need the $$$$ first

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanx for all the info guys. anymore info acourse would great as well/ I am definately going to intall ladder bars. should help big time with getting the torque from my 13 to 1, 440 to the ground.

_-_-_

1 - 10 of 10 Posts