1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is what I’ve got:
71 Scamp w/73 Dart K-Frame, UCA/LCA, Schumacher mounts and a 383/727
11.75” Cordoba Rotors with Porsche 4 piston Calipers
B-Body rear narrowed w Moser axles and MP spring relocation kit (not in Frame only.8”)
Mustang Cobra 11.69” rotors and calipers on the rear.
17” x 8” x 12mm KMC Hot Wheels 68 with 255/40x17 Pirelli P Zero on the front
17” x 9” x 24mm KMC Hot Wheels 68 with 275/40x17 Pirelli P Zero on the rear
There is NO room for any more tire but then that’s the idea. Isn’t it? :>)
Note: There are no spacers on either front or rear and I had custom centering rings CNC machined so that they are hub-centric.
These wheels are only available at Discount Tire http://www.discounttire.com
These are the same wheels Rick Ehrenberg used on the Bold Beeper. I’m think he used 0mm offset all around. Note: The 17x8x12mm offset do not show up on the website but they are available! Make the counter guys check stock. Lucky for me my son works at Discount and he searched and found them. These are great looking wheels for the price.

I have pics but I cannot figure out how to insert them.

G

·
Love those wheels! i would love to see pics of the on your car...can u email me some? [email protected]? Does the front tire hit when you turn? also im a little behind the times on the terminology...what does this mean?
Note: There are no spacers on either front or rear and I had custom centering rings CNC machined so that they are hub-centric. thanks for the help
tnku

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ibleedmoparts said:
Love those wheels! i would love to see pics of the on your car...can u email me some? [email protected]? Does the front tire hit when you turn? also im a little behind the times on the terminology...what does this mean?
Note:  There are no spacers on either front or rear and I had custom centering rings CNC machined so that they are hub-centric. thanks for the help
tnku
Sorry that I'm so late. Been trying to post pics but I just found out that I have to have 10 or more posts (this is number 8!) so I will send you an email to see if you still want pics.

No spacers = wheels are mounted directly on hubs with nothing in between to change the offset (push them towards the outside) and make them fit better in the wheel wells. In other words make up for other mistakes. -o

Hubcentric = on Mopars (of our vintage) the wheel is a "perfect" fit on the hub, to ensure that the wheel is centered on the hub. Personally I feel that this is VERY important at 120+ and I'm building this car to run in the Silver State classic. Mopar hubs (LBP) are 2 13/16 in diameter the center opening in the wheels are much larger than that. I had a local machinist make up a custom set of centering rings, 2-13/16" inside and slight (hand) press fit in the wheels. I told Rick Ehrenberg about them and he bought a set for the "Bold Beeper". If you follow that build you will find a side bar giving me credit. Kinda cool, I appreciate the props. His tech is top notch.

P.S. Most ford wheels are 2-3/4". You can get them on a Mopar, but you will have a heck of a time getting them off! I bought a Cordoba that someone put ford wheels on! No fun at all! If you are going to do it have the wheels opened up by a machine shop. You will be happy that you did.

Scamp

Scamp

·
Registered
971 Posts
That may be a problem as most machine shops won't modify a stock wheel. Liability and all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts