Big Block Dart Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
What thickness steel did you use? I assume it would be thicker for strength in the tab area.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Jim, are you going to put bump stops on the arms? If so you are going to need a hole in the center to get the nut on the back side of it.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
not a bad idea, but i would add a gusset or 2 two each tab. i made a few sets of those at work one day out of 1/8". no tab though.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Hey Jim, I'm bringing up this thread again because I wanted to ask you about the LCA bumpstops. I'm getting ready to do my front end and I was thinking of leaving the bumpstops off because my car is pretty low, also (I will be using tubular uppers as well). I've had people tell me that this is not a good idea and that I should either shave the stops a bit, or modify the frame. What would be best for a car driven primarily on the street? I have decided to go in more of an autocross direction rather than drag race, so I figure with the stiffer torsion bars, it shouldn't be a big problem...

·
Registered
474 Posts
DartKnight said:
What would be best for a car driven primarily on the street? I have decided to go in more of an autocross direction rather than drag race, so I figure with the stiffer torsion bars, it shouldn't be a big problem...
That's pretty much how my car is, but I cut the stops down so that they are about 1" tall. I didn't want to have them ever bottom out on metal to metal.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Jim how are you lowering the car that much? I have .920 bars and with the adjusters all the way out it's still sitting up higher then I want. The front end has pretty much full weight on it too.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts