Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What gauge steel are the LCA reinforcement plates that everyone sells?

·
Registered
417 Posts
I was looking at those, since I had to rebush my LCA. I doubt that I would feel any differance by putting them on. Anyhow I used a strip of 1/8" metal to tie up the underside of the LCA, it only took a few minutes to do, what the heck.

gt

G

·
i think i'm gonna make mine too,my only concern is getting the torsion bolt in and out right?just a plate with an access hole right?should be easy.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've got plenty of 1/8" plate laying around.  I just figured that was overkill.  I may have some 14ga.  They just look too damn simple to make, no matter what they cost.  That and I'm cheap as hell.  Thanks for the replies guys, I appreciate it!

·
Registered
779 Posts
I just mic'ed mine on my work bench, they are .032. These were purchased from Mancini Racing (p/n MREAR319) for $22.95. Make sure that where the torsion bar socket rotates you use a c-clamp to tighten the sides of the LCA to eliminate any side play prior to welding. I set the clamps and ran it over to my local welding shop which charged me $40.00 to weld them. Make sure YOU vise-grip the plates to the LCA to assure you can get to the adjustment bolts after welding. I then ground them off to a smooth weld appearance and media blasted them. Now they are on the way to get powder coated. Hope this helps.
Jim

G

·
MVRCorp said:
I just mic'ed mine on my work bench, they are .032. These were purchased from Mancini Racing (p/n MREAR319) for $22.95. Make sure that where the torsion bar socket rotates you use a c-clamp to tighten the sides of the LCA to eliminate any side play prior to welding. I set the clamps and ran it over to my local welding shop which charged me $40.00 to weld them. Make sure YOU vise-grip the plates to the LCA to assure you can get to the adjustment bolts after welding. I then ground them off to a smooth weld appearance and media blasted them. Now they are on the way to get powder coated. Hope this helps.
Jim
jim,i am about to do the same thing as you and was wondering about the thickness of the powdercoat being a problem as far as the gap between the torsion bar lever and the lca,let me know how it goes and would like to see a picture of the finished product if you can.thanks stu

1 - 11 of 11 Posts