Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need more wheel clearance up front on my dart and I've run out of options and I'm stubborn and want this set up to work dang it. Thinking of swapping the current A-body lower control arms with some B body options to get them 1/2" inboard. I've got adjustable UCA and struts so I can dial things in where I need to, but I'm curious if anyone has ever done such a thing and lived to tell the tale, or did they die from embarrassment?

·
Premium Member
3,920 Posts
The angles are slightly different as I recall. I would change the offset on the wheels first. The front track is wider than the rear as it is with either front brake system.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The angles are slightly different as I recall. I would change the offset on the wheels first. The front track is wider than the rear as it is with either front brake system.
I would love to change the offset, but unfortunately, that is not an option.
What angles are you referring to?

·
Premium Member
3,920 Posts
On the arm itself. Seems to me that one of them has more arch to it, but I don't have any B-body arms left around. You will need to use the A-body pins.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
On the arm itself. Seems to me that one of them has more arch to it, but I don't have any B-body arms left around. You will need to use the A-body pins.
Ahhh, yes. I have also been considering drilling out the rivets and swapping out the inserts or shifting their position (if the inserts are identical)
Thanks for the info!

·
Premium Member
3,920 Posts
It's not the inserts, it's what is called the pin. It is pressed into the lower bushing and goes into the pin tube in the k-member. B-body pins are too large, but the bushing is the same.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts