Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HeyIi just purchased a line loc and was about to install it, I was wondering if you guys had any tips or tricks on installing them, or running the wires and such, so any tips are welcome. Thanks.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Well, if you want to disguise the fact you've got one in the car, you could run a fused hot lead to one side of the loc, then run the "ground" wire through a double pole, single throw toggle switch, along with the horn grounding wire. Using the switch, you could then switch from horn to line loc, and use the horn button to activate the loc. (Stealth mode. >:D >:D)

Roger

G

·
I mounted my button inside the ashtray, by the lighter socket. that way, it stays hidden and is still in easy reach at the track.

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
what ever you do, don't put the switch where it's eazy to reach once you done with it. like on your shifter. i put my toggle inside the console so i wouldn't accidently turn it on after i closed the console lid. well you know murfs laws and that's how i came to have 2 new moroso front runners on the demon. 200' of black rubber and stopping just before i tagged the wall in the opposite side of the track, not to mention the really flat spots on the tires. ::) ::) ::) :-\ :-\ :-\ :'( :'( :'( doh doh doh )

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

G

·
I put a switch on the dash to activate the switch on the shifter knob, that way its easy to get to, but u can still disarm it.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What wire do you use for your power source, does it really matter as long as it's hot when the ignition is on? thanks for the ideas, i'm not going to hide it, i was just wondering where you'd mount the selonoid in the engine bay area.

·
Registered
326 Posts
ran mine on the firewall to the right of the master and ran a relay so that it turns on my brake light when its on ,so i don't pull a bOb just kidding i just wanted to know when it was on just in case the kidds flipped the switch on me

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
what wire do you use as a power source, Just some random hot wire? Thanks for the idea of the arming switich, it's a good idea.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts