Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok for the past month or so my front tire(s) have been squealing, i repacked my bearings and that did not help it goes away if i make a fast manuver left(jerk the wheel) my duster was aligned about 2 months ago and it started doing this a month ago, any sugestions?? o[ o[ o[ i've got new upper ball joints, also i got a hurst line lock kit, and i need to install it this fri night befor the burn out contest on sat, does any one have a good pic of it installed? i need to know what kind if lines im going to need because when i get home the parts stores wont be open much longer.

G

·
{O  I think I can help,  >:D first less get the line loc,did you ever use one because the tires need to be wet and shocked,    ::) now I know some of us will say that iam wrong but I race alot.  :police:  A line loc is a tool that we use to get buy its not going to hold your car,it will slide and at times it won't hold but if you have alot of grunt to spin them up try this,"we roll in the water than hit it 2 rpms on the tire,now the tire is wet,you don't want more than that because you will sling water in the wheel well,than roll out of the water about 4'or 5' than in first gear hit it hard", now it when it starts to  spin shift to second don't wait and get a shift lite,some racer like to go to 3rd.  :D  On the front end I had that same problem with my 75' Duster,I put new 90/10 shock (it had the same that I bought in 95' over 10 years old) but for 3 weeks racing it was bad than we turn the T/bars down 2 turns and hit it on the nut.  No more pulling,mine pulls the wheels off the line it come down in the groove,it was going nuts till we fix it. :-\  Than hit the brakes and don't pull at the end.        bent43

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so you think it might be my shocks causing my problem??, i dont know how old the shocks are they came on the car 3 years ago. or maybe turn down my t-bars? it drives normal untill the squealling starts then it pulls a little.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Did you check your brakes. Maybe the squealing is comming from there.
Possibly a tight caliper not releasing all the way causing a pull or squeal.

gt

G

·
Summit925 said:
so you think it might be my shocks causing my problem??, i dont know how old the shocks are they came on the car 3 years ago. or maybe turn down my t-bars? it drives normal untill the squealling starts then it pulls a little.
Yes lower the bars alittle.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
im going to put all new brakes on this weekend, im going to lower it abit, but how would the bars being up make an intermitant squealing? im not trying to bash your answer im just trying to learn

G

·
:police: check your brake line hoses too. and show us more picture,  >:D tell us about your car we like it lol lol lol one time I had a hose go out ,it wouldn't hold a vacuum and the brake was sticking.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts