Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hellooooo.. im thinking about sending my 69 dart headlamp bezals,grille to the" King of trim" to have them restored i was quoted 1300.00 to do the restoration what do you guys think?????????????   and i also need some spec"s,photos to cut my rear wheel openings to  super stock look and size .i thought i take a frt. wheel opening moulding to mark up the shape then i could install the moulding after i finish the modifications,,,,im i wacked maybe i should go buy a ford like all the others..........

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
helloooo..........bob the grille condition is fine,but im looking for that fresh plated look. i was wondering if anyone has done bussiness with these guys.im a painter by trade and im building a 60's 70's super stock car i want to put the candy paint,hand painted lettering,maybe some gold leaf.im also looking for the seat brackets for the a1oo seats(i have those)ive purschased the cragar's,the dana 60 complete set of chrome exterior trim,all new lights im having my frt.fenders,bumpers,brackets acid dipped. i ordered my AAR(they are the best)rear decklid,super stock hood i have a stagev 426 max wedge w/powerglide< i know this was wrong but i had the unit left over from the kids v8 school project im so into this project i cant sleep ....im going to send my son vega back to the trailer he runs11.50 on a four barrel,11.89 on a two barrel and im pissed off that he sent me down in flames (i also have 1972 blk,on blk,on blk 440,4spd,original 1927 mile challenger that i do not want to beat every wensday night at the race track so the dart was my idea.... so ..... he calls my dart project" old grandma car" his vega is done like a baldwin motion it's a nice car....but he's going down in "tail light fashion" you can quote me anyway thanks for letting me vent ...bob

·
Registered
266 Posts
IMHO that price is way to high. Have a metal polishing shop polish the grill and headlight bezels, then mask and paint them yourself. This is what I did with mine and the chrome shop that I had the polishing done at, also removed the dents in the headlight bezels and it was total including paint about $200. Now annodizing it would not put it back to an original state if that is what you are asking. The grills and bezels are polished aluminum and painted with argent grey and black paint. see the pic of mine below.
0/

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hello...what im curious about is how well this shine holds up.....i have not problem painting the grille or the argent silver i have both(old stock from the early years( mopar city) and the satin black i will use is the german rally black urethane(great stuff) i just dont want have to polish everytime i wash the car. oh yuoooor car looks real nice!!!! im into making this dart real killer so i can put my son and his baldwin motion vega back on the trailer...he gives me a hard time on this dodge deal....i spent alot of dollars on new old stock trim,lights,etc. so the car should be nice i also have a 72 challenger that has 1927 miles on it (original) it's 440cu.4spd all black this car has lived a charmed life it runs 12.20et. my sons vega runs 11.50 4 barrel ,11.89 2 barrel so you can imagin the crap i have to listen too......this dart has a max wedge426 stage V so he is giong down "trailer time" well have to go mix some paint till next time steve

·
Registered
137 Posts
about your rear wheel openings......on the old forum some guys were getting old front fenders and grafting the wheel opening to the rear quarter so the front and rear match it actually looked like a kool mod.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hello...............i like that idea ..when you look at some of the old photos it looks like the same shape,i'm going to look into this .ill make a cardboard template check the fit.then i could install the chrome trim it would look right at home. oh by the way i just purchase a noscomplete set of wheel well mouldings....i have an extra set of rears if someone is interested... do you or anyone else have the opening spec for the rear wells? it was here that i seen it about 1or2 years ago there was a" how to do" with photos ive seen the tech on the mini tubs this is real helpful. hey thanks alot for the thought take care... steve

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Not wanting to be a smart a$$, but if you are goig for the SS look, why not just buy a good 68 grille on e-bay? You could probably get a good one for less money than the replating.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts