Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was driving on the freeway the other day cruising at 65 and all of a sudden my duster lost all power i pulled off the freeway and realized i had no power to the starter,the radio,and the turn signals...the only thing that worked were my emergency flashers and the buzzer that tells you your key is in the ignition when the door is open..i checked all my grounds and sat there for awhile trying to look for smoked wires and there were none...i tried one more time to start it before i called the tow truck and it started again and was fine for a few hundred feet then it lost power again..a few weeks ago i had a new ignition switch installed could that be the issue...maybe theres a problem with it

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok ill check both of those things tomarrow...but why would i still be getting power to my emergency flashers and the door buzzer?

·
Registered
118 Posts
check the FUSE LINK, had it go out on my 67 Barracuda

Had the resistor on the back of the amp gauge on my Roadrunner go out and did the lights looks so BRIGHT and PRETTY for about 3 seconds then went dark. Had to change every fuse and light bulb in the car after it was fixed.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i just put a new one in 3 months ago i think. but i will look into all of those things tomarrow and let you know what i find

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
FM i like that lol

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
did'nt really have a whole lot of time to work on the car today but i was talkin to a buddy of mine and he said to take a screw driver and jump the starter studs and it should turn over. so i did that and it did. he said then it is likely something in the ignition switch. does that sound rite?

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I was driving a '66 Charger and everything went out. Like Jim said, it was the power supply to the bulkhead on the engine side of the firewall. I can't quite remember, but if the fusible link is shot it will still turn over and fire but all will stop when you pull the screwdriver away from the terminals. This is the way '64 to '72 GM A bodies are wired anyways.

Tom

·
Registered
164 Posts
I agree that the bulkhead connector at the firewall is a likely source of your problem. Pull it apart and look for green corrosion on the pins.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts