Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a '68 Dart GT that I have owned for 16 years, although it has been rotting behind my Dad's garage for the last 8 or so. I'm getting the itch to bring it back to life once again. The first time I built it (in high school), I didn't have the monitary means to do it right (big block). Now that I do, I know exactly what I want it to look like when I am done. I'd like to go with 17" wheels on the front and 20" on the back with mini tubs. I haven't seen any Darts at all with the low profile big wheels on the front, has it not been done or is it not possible? I want to go with the low slung look of a street rod, I'm not sure I will be as excited about this project if I can't do it that way, anyone seen it before?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Yeah, there was a 1970 Dart Swinger built for SEMA I believe. If you google Poison Dart you will find one sick dart.

·
Registered
76 Posts
This is not "The" poison dart that badmammajamma  referred to. This is the one that Barry White did on TLC. This design is a love it or hate look and those opinions flew around here like crazy when that episode aired. I look at it as he brought a Dart back from the dead. The stance is real nice, but I don't like his rim choice or the fact that they used the MF tubular instead of our own Bill Reilly's :police:
http://www.magnumforce.com/cars/dart.htm

This is the real Poison Dart. Needs another inch or 2 in the rear to make it site just right IMO

·
Registered
47 Posts
both cars look good to me, the one on top better though as far as color (no alterktion? his loss). nothing wrong with low profile tires or rims or a lower stance....helps in cornering.

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
260 Posts
Since I've decided to go the autocross route with my Dart, that is the exact stance I am looking for. I think 16" is the largest I'm going to go, though...

·
Registered
47 Posts
cool. yeah 16s will look good. im lookin at 16 or 17s. i like the Salt Flat Speicals, but like paint color cant decide. its nice to see more Autocross Mopars. my car will be a street car when its done, but id be real fun to take a dart to the track. why Chrysler decided to take the heavy E-body racing instead of a little A-body is strange to me.

·
Registered
404 Posts
the DArt built for the SEMA show is alot more trick and i take to that one more. as far as tricking the car out! that rear bumper they intergrated 70 runner lights in it!!!

but i like the color combo on the SMC car, maybe acomplete blacked out hood would be better also

·
Registered
148 Posts
The wheel size will determine the size of the tires, I have 18" wheels with 40 series tires on the wifes 04 PT Cruiser, those rubber bands are unforgiving over any type of irregular road surface. Try to stay with 60 series rubber and no lower than 50 series, probably OK at the rear.As a rule of thumb front tires on an A-body 25.5" diameter in front 26" in the rear these are max diameter numbers for a good handling street driven car at fctory recommended ride heights.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts