Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm putting my front end together and my lca bumpstops don't fit flush on my arms,and they don't hit the frame rail flush either.should they be hitting the frame on the crown of the bumpstop or on the curved edge?just wondering if i got the right ones or are they just poor fiiting?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the upper stops have the square hole and the lowers have a round hole in the lca.my lower stops don't have a sqaure notch,but they do hit the plate that is welded on to hold the halves together,should'nt it fit flush on my lca?and then where should it contact the frame? thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
after looking at it it looks like the stops need to go where that metal plate is welded on(pic. #1),and i think under that circle is a hole,but i removed the old ones from the open hole you see there.did someone weld over the factory hole and move the stops over an inch?(pic. #1 and 2).In pic#3 you can see where the stop is hitting the frame,once again looking like it needs to move inward.I guess this is no big deal I'm gonna make it fit right regardless but i was curious what was going on here.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Yeah, it definately needs to to be inward more. Can you look through the underside to see if there is a hole under that circle? Might be time to get the grinder out and rip that peice off.

·
Registered
31 Posts
[]{} There is the bottom half of the old bump stop left on the control arm.Its the piece with the (button tab on it in the picture/flip the control arm over and unbolt the nut holding the old one on) The round hole has been moved over, probaly added later.Can you unbolt the old steel part of the original bumpstop, or were they welded in place?Factory bumpstops are bolted on with a nut from bottom of lower control arm.Your new bump stop has been moved over.    Dave

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
they are welded in place and the old ones were installed next to it,thats why i did'nt notice right away.It's just too bad i did'nt notice before i painted them.so now i have to grind the plate off or find an offset bumpstop.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
the grinder cut through like butter,turns out it was just a little seam sealer or somthing holding it on **(*).all better now,thanks guys.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts