Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a '65 cuda.
once i sell my dart i was planning on spending some on the cuda to make it handle. ie project green brick. any pit falls i should look out for?
any suggestions to improve handling?
remember i'm not on every day especially right now.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Purchase one of Bills AlterKtions that will make that fish handle way better, just click on the RMS link at the top of the page and start reading.

·
Registered
681 Posts
[]{} That is what I'm doing. I have a 65 barracuda.This also will let me use 67 and up headders on my 630ci.o----o<> santa4 santa3

·
Registered
704 Posts
just what jim said, disk are mandatory, and about 60% of how well your car handles is depicted by the tires, also go for a 17 inch wheel, its more expensive but it will eliminate allot of the slop, big wide tire really help, im not sure what size you would be able to fit in a cuda, but a 15 inch rim with 4.25 backspacing basically works on everything, with this rim, 245 fit on late darts easily but i had to trim my 235s on my duster, they hit the back of the wheel well,

go to an auto shop that has allot of old or junk tires laying around and ask if you can try some out, the only tires you can get bigger than a 225 in a 15 inch rim are Goodyear t/a tractions and Yokohama avid s/t, i went with the yokos and they are amazing, these tire lock up harder in the rain than my older 205s did on dry pavement

use tire rack to search for great tires

i would really recommend going to a 17 inch rim, the tire choices are endless for super high performance tires plus allot less sidwall

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks guys,
this gives me somewhere to look. bill's stuff looks really interesting.
630 inches in a '65. wow!
sorry for the delay. i'm working nights and spending days with my dad.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts