Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My strictly drag race duster runs with all manual brakes, as of late the matser cylinder is leaking around the lid after each pass (enough to grease up the firewall). I'm running the old metal lid type cylinder. A couple of questions I have is 1) the pedal is soft and sometimes requires to be pumped up, could the leak around the lid be causing this problem? Brakes have been bleed numerous times. 2) I'm running A-body hooker fenderwells so Im worried if i go to a newer master cylinder with a plastic tank and screw on lids the heat from the headers (2-4 inches away) will melt the tank. Does anyone have any advise?

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
400 Posts
I have a heat shield between the headers and the master cylinder. About 2" to 3" between the headers and mastercylinder.

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
117 Posts
Check to see if it's leaking inside the car, up under the pedals. If you have to pump the brakes, it might be wore out or the brakes (drums) need adjusting

·
Registered
31 Posts
5258 said:
....... I'm running A-body hooker fenderwells so Im worried if i go to a newer master cylinder with a plastic tank and screw on lids the heat from the headers (2-4 inches away) will melt the tank....
I use Hookers and have the newer master cylinder...no problems at all. be sure to use a heat shield too

that's some leak, there's a lot of brake fluid on your driveway )(/* ::)

·
Registered
60 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.