Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to upgrade from my stock 71 duster master cylinder to a new plastic tank design master cylinder(screw on cap design). I really hate to pay the $125 from jegs or summit. Will any master cylinders work from any later model (85 and up) Mopar vehicles?

Thanks

o----o<>

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks,

I will have to purchase the piston also, or will my stock one work?

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
just one thing to keep in mine. i just ordered a brand new master for a siplomat from autozone. the brand new one was not an in stock part otherwise i would have picked ity up at the store. i got it and its cast iron, not aluminum. really defeated the purpose of going to the new one, so i guess ill be returning it.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
i got it and its cast iron, not aluminum. really defeated the purpose of going to the new one, so i guess ill be returning it.

i had the same thing happen here...   2 places had iron ones and i gorget if it was advanced or auto zone had an alumn one that lookied like someone beat on with a hammer...  i needed it asap for my dart and i ended up buying a wilwood one from bill and it was here the next day...  damn nice piece...

·
Registered
320 Posts
I bought one for an 85 5th ave. new, aluminum, it was only $75. Used it with one of Bill's adapter's and my 73 stops great! I bought it from A-line auto parts here in Texas, don't know if there are any of those where you are at.

·
Registered
194 Posts
The guy at Autozone brought out the cast iron one and I told him I wanted the aluminum one. He went back and looked around and came back with an aluminum one. I asked him what the deal is and he said there was a problem with some of the aluminum ones leaking around the piston, so Autozone now stocks cast iron.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.