Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to figure out if Victor Maxwedge heads will fit on Duster with B-Body headers as regular heads fit with out the raised deck height. If not I will need Indy heads for max wedge ports.

- My plan was manual steering and B-Dody ceramic headers, but now I'm not sure if it will work...:banghead

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I'm running TTI's headers for low decks with raised port heads. They claim to work with the Victor heads but you have to clearance the valve cover some where the #1 and #2 cylinders sweep back over the top. I'm sure you could talk to them for a little more info. Also, as a side not, I was planning on using the Victor heads when they came out but ended up going 440-1 because guys were having pushrod clearance issues with the block using the victors on low decks. It's been a while since I looked into it, but Andy Finkler had the info if I remembered correctly. May not be that big of a deal, but you might want to look into it.

http://www.ttiexhaust.com/Header-TTI400IB-218/400IBheaders.htm

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
.................I have a 440 with 452 heads in a 74 duster.........hedmans..............kim.........

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
.................I have a 440 with 452 heads in a 74 duster.........hedmans..............kim.........
Are the headers you are using the hedmans "b-body"? Are you runing power steering? If is a 440 with stock heads the same height as a low deck with raised ports?

440 is .75 taller deck that 383/400 block. raised port are ???? taller that stock.

That would mean my combo might work nanr - The goal is to keep everything under the hood and not use the expensive TTI's for not much gain vs cost as the headmans are alot cheaper.

Other solution would be buy the indy EZ-440 in Max Wedge, which I think will go out of my budget but not sure till I add all the cost.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
...............Yes there hedman B body.................no p/s, they will not work with p/s.............kim.........

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Wish I could help you. I can only tell you I run the Indy EZ heads with Max Wedge ports and they work nice with the exh in stock location. I know my 63 will go easy 10's as it was lean when I ran 11.0's. It was busting up in the top of each gear. Ron

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
I have the Hedmans on my 400 block with stock 452 heads in the cuda. Here are a few pics . Things are very tight in a number of places, as you can see by the assortment of dings and dents. They just clear the steering box, so I'm not sure how they could work with a taller block or raised port heads. Ground clearance is the best I've ever had with headers. I believe the part number is 78030 for the uncoated ones.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Could we get some more info....pics, part numbers, etc....I was under the impression that no b-body header would work without relocating at least one tube. Guess thats not the case.
The hedman b body headers will work. the downfall is engine location. some guys have had no prblem and ar able tojust drop the in with ease however if you are prolly like me. i ordered the set and attempted to put them in but again with engine location, has cause me to pull the motor 8-9 times while installation. meaning lay headers in lower motor snug up headers lower motor snug up headers lower motor... oh wait now its hitting something... raise motor, undo headers, dent in headers once out and repeat. not to mention its 8-9 time just for one side. my suggestion, just either save up for ttis, schumachers, or custom fabbed. i just had some customs fabbed up that are slip-ons. 2primes 3 1/2 collects. either way you go just make sure you do research. and a lot of it... just putting in my 2 cents.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
with the raised port im thinking TTI is your best bet, why don't you call them

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
with the raised port im thinking TTI is your best bet, why don't you call them
I'm trying to get the most for my money and will be over budget already on this build. I was going to get the RPMs but the flow of the victors will kill them. I will have a 470 and 252/256 @50 cam on pump (93) 10.5 static and 8.2 dynamic compression, .035-.040 quelch, 4.10 dana, 28inch tire, and 3500 stall . The plans are to run mid to low 10s while keeping it streetable at 3200 with me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts