Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the maximum wheel and tire size that will fit a 72 challenger front and rear with Alterkation in front and factory located superstock springs with out mini tubbing or changing the rear springs? Would like to put a 15x10 rear wheel if it would fit? Is changing the spring location to open up more room very difficult? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks Jim **(*)

·
Registered
50 Posts
I would not go with the 10" wheeel out back, I would go with an 8.5" w/ 5" back spacing and a 295/50/15, that will work, I did it on 2 'cudas and 1 '70 Challenger Conv. It works out great, never rubs the 1/4 and was about 3/8" from the spring. I ran a 205/65/15 up front on a 6" wheel with stock back spacing on all my ebodys.

·
Registered
118 Posts
jmgilkins said:
What is the maximum wheel and tire size that will fit a 72 challenger front and rear with Alterkation in front and factory located superstock springs with out mini tubbing or changing the rear springs? Would like to put a 15x10 rear wheel if it would fit? Is changing the spring location to open up more room very difficult? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks Jim  **(*)
I had 15X10's on my 72 Challenger for a while, Love the look, but too big for a daily driver or handling. I think the tires were M50/15....this is going back almost 30 years

But I ended up with some 15X7 centered wheels with L 60 X15......I think when i replaced with newer tires they were 295/60/15. Filled the fenders without airshocks and no clearance issues

I sure miss that car

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
118 Posts
WildCat said:
jmgilkins said:
What is the maximum wheel and tire size that will fit a 72 challenger front and rear with Alterkation in front and factory located superstock springs with out mini tubbing or changing the rear springs? Would like to put a 15x10 rear wheel if it would fit? Is changing the spring location to open up more room very difficult? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks Jim  **(*)
I had 15X10's on my 72 Challenger for a while, Love the look, but too big for a daily driver or handling. I think the tires were M50/15....this is going back almost 30 years

But I ended up with some 15X7 centered wheels with L 60 X15......I think when i replaced with newer tires they were 295/60/15. Filled the fenders without airshocks and no clearance issues

I sure miss that car
here it is with the 15X7's all around

295/60/15 rear......235/60/15 fronts

I'm sure bigger tires can fit but with no mod's to the car these worked great on mine

[attachment deleted by admin]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts